Back to Articles
Based on the current events surrounding the COVID-19 the Yuma County Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority (YCAT) is implementing a reduction in service.
Public transit remains a critical lifeline during crisis events, connecting workers to the jobs that support community needs, and residents to health care and medical needs. In order to balance the need to protect YCAT employees while providing a vital public service, the following changes effective Monday, March 30, 2020 until further notice:
YCAT Fixed Route service will operate on a Saturday schedule (Please refer to the schedule located on our website https://www.ycipta.org/routes-and-services.html). Please note the following exceptions:
• Brown Route 3 will run Saturday schedule, Monday through Friday 10:57 am to 2:52 pm
• Gold Route 8 will still run Monday to Friday and depart Welton to AWC/Yuma at 9:55 am. The return trip will depart AWC/Yuma to Welton at 2:57 pm.
• Turquoise Route 10 will continue to operate its normal service: Monday, Wednesday and Friday service.
• NightCat - 7:45 pm will continue to operate Monday through Friday, but the 9:45 pm NightCat is cancelled until further notice.
• YCAT OnCall paratransit services will operate its regular schedule until further notice.
Other important things to note:
• All YCAT bus and YCAT OnCall paratransit services will continue to be fare-free to reduce driver exposure by removing the contact point presented with the exchange and verification of fare.
• To promote social distancing every other seat on board all of the buses will be marked “DO NOT USE”.
• ALL stops at Cocopah/Paradise/Quechan Casinos are temporarily closed until further notice.
• The YCAT headquarters facility at 2715 E. 14th St, Yuma, AZ. will continue to be closed to the public and no guests will be allowed on property. Because the system will be fare-free, this eliminates the need for public pass sales, and alternate plans are being made for all other services provided to the public at the Front Desk. Customer service via phone will still be available Monday - Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. 928-783-2235 option 1.
• For Greyhound customers who wish to purchase tickets will now do so online at www.greyhound.com or Greyhound customer service can be reached at (928)783-4403 or 1-800-231-2222, if you need assistance.
The protection of our community and employees is a top priority for YCIPTA/YCAT, while providing a critical service we also must stress the importance of using this service only when absolutely necessary and limit unneeded contact and keeping with the recommended social distancing practices.