Back to Articles
The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) supports self-determined Native individuals. We recognize them as the threads that sustain the cultural fabric of a community. They are holistic leaders and knowledge carriers that seek and share knowledge and skills; inspire and motivate others; and support themselves and their families.
SMALL BUSINESS STABILIZATION GRANTS
Native-owned small businesses serve as the lifeblood of many tribal communities across the
country, providing critical jobs and income to tribal citizens and their families while at the same
time enriching the quality of community life by providing goods and services to local residents
and the public at-large.
With generous support from Google.org, NCAI is issuing business stabilization grants in the
amount of $5,000 each to a total of 28 selected Native-owned small businesses that have
been severely impacted by the curtailing of commercial activity caused by the COVID-19
pandemic. Awarded applicants can use the funds to address their most urgent needs to
stabilize and strengthen their businesses, such as (but not limited to):
- making monthly payments on small business loans that have lapsed due to declining
- keeping employees employed;
- paying their vendors; and/or
- purchasing equipment/software to transition or grow their businesses online.
Please see the application guidelines below.
GRANT AMOUNT: $5,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling application process; application window will remain open
until all funds are exhausted
- Applicant must provide proof of enrollment of a U.S. federally recognized tribal nation, a
state recognized tribal nation, or be an Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian.
- Can only apply once a year.
- Application Format: The application should be completed in size 12 font, Times New
Roman, and be single spaced.
- Submission: Submit your completed application along with your W9 to email@example.com.
- Application Length: The completed application should be no less than 3 pages.
Please review all of the guidelines and eligibility criteria before completing this application.
Part 1. Business Information
- Name of applicant submitting application
- Email and telephone number of applicant submitting application
- Business name
- Business mailing address
- Years in business
- Business focus (type(s) of goods/services offered
- Number of employees (including owner(s))
- Annual operating budget
- Business website URL (if applicable)
- Do you currently sell your goods/services online? Yes No
- If so, where? (List URLs):
- Biggest challenge(s) your business faces due to COVID-19 pandemic?
- If awarded, how do you plan to use the money to stabilize/strengthen your business?
(Please be as detailed as possible.)
Part 2. Supporting Documents
- Proof of Tribal Enrollment
- Current annual operating budget for business
- Photos of business and goods/services it provides (OPTIONAL) – limit 3