Back to Articles
Widespread rainfall totals of 1-4" probable in SE California with isolated accumulations in excess of 5 inches possible resulting in significant and possibly locally catastrophic impacts today.
· Much lower amounts generally closer to 0.10-1.00" across south-central Arizona with higher amounts across southern Gila County.
· High winds in excess of 60 mph expected across SE California and SW Arizona later today. Gusts in excess of 40 mph possible across south-central Arizona.
· Severe thunderstorms capable of producing damaging winds possible with a risk for a few spin-up tornadoes across SE California and SW Arizona.
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS BRIEFING
• High Wind Warning issued for southeast California and southwest Arizona Sunday afternoon and evening.
• Wind Advisory issued for much of south-central Arizona for this afternoon.
• Increased severe weather risk today with damaging winds the primary threat and isolated spin-up tornadoes possible across southeast California and southwest Arizona.