Back to Articles
With the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) affecting everyone worldwide. The TERO/Safety Emergency Management has been closely monitoring the situation and would like to provide the following information about the virus/disease.
About the Disease
- The family of coronaviruses has been around for some time. Some coronavirus are common, like the ones that cause the common cold. Coronavirus Disease 2019, or COVID-19, is a new a kind of coronavirus.
- The most common symptoms include fever cough and respiratory symptoms. Our experience to date is that most people, more than 80%, have mild or no symptoms, but some have more complicated course, including pneumonia.
How Can People Protect Themselves:
- Washing hands with soap and water.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying away from work, school or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Follow guidance from public health officials.